Nutriment's Kidney Support dog food formula is specifically designed to maintain overall canine health, paying specific attention to the kidneys. Containing human-grade quality beef and responsibly sourced sardines, our in-house canine nutritionists have carefully selected biologically appropriate ingredients which provide essential nutrition to maintain optimal kidney health. Our kidney support recipe forms part of a species-appropriate diet which is free from grains, additives and harmful chemicals that can be difficult to digest and place strain on a dog's kidneys. Boosted with Omega-3 fatty acids and monitored protein and phosphorous levels, our kidney support raw dog food is an ideal solution for supporting your dog's health and happiness.
Beef Tripe, Whole Sardines, Beef Liver, Butternut Squash, Kale, Salmon Oil, Sunflower Seeds, Spirulina, Dandelion Root Powder, Cinnamon, Bilberry Powder
Why do we use these ingredients? Click here for more information
- Beef Offal is rich in Vitamin D which has been proven to help support healthy kidney function.
- Sardines and Sesame seeds high in Calcium to aid in phosphorous absorption.
- Salmon Oil is a whole food source of vitamin D .
- Spirulina contains key micronutrients and is a great source of iron for maintaining a healthy circulatory system.
- Sunflower seeds aid in balancing alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and linoleic acid (LA).
- Sunflower seeds are also rich in Vitamin E which is important for healthy Kidney membranes.
- Dandelion has prebiotic properties and can support blood purification.
- Cinnamon can assist in maintain blood pressure and supports healthy blood sugar levels. The antioxidant-rich ingredient also offers cognitive support.
- Bilberry is rich in antioxidants that help mop up free radicals.
- Kale assists in removing excess phosphorus from the digestive tract
Like in humans, a dog's kidneys are responsible for filtering toxins and waste from the body. Although some breeds are more prone to developing kidney conditions, kidney damage can also occur when a dog ingests harmful ingredients or toxins. When the kidneys aren't functioning properly, a build up of toxins can occur in the body which can be detrimental to other bodily functions. Side effects can be changes in water consumption, changes in urine production and loss of appetite. You should always consult your vet if you are concerned about your dog's health.
Our kidney diet formula contains high-quality, raw beef meat and offal, as well as oily fish which is packed with enhanced, long chain Omega 3 Fatty Acids for glomerular health. Nutritious vegetables and superfoods such as kale, spirulina, sesame seeds and bilberry powder which are rich in calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B, antioxidants and other nutrients which are important to maintain healthy kidney function. Our kidney support recipe is highly digestible, meaning that your dog efficiently and effectively absorbs the nutrients available.
We've taken care to ensure that this recipe contains limited phosphorous, as this can be difficult for a dog with kidney concerns to filter from the body (extra phosphorous in the body can draw calcium from bones leading to additional health issues).
Nutriment's award-winning Support range is specifically designed to maintain specific areas of your dog's health. With innovative recipes to maintain kidney, liver and pancreas health, as well as varieties to support recovery and weight management, Nutriment's raw dog food solutions deliver high-quality nutrition in flavourful and energy dense portions.
Our kidney support recipe is available in 500g trays.
This Kidney Support dog food is a frozen raw meat product and must be stored and handled accordingly. Once defrosted this product will remain fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.